At Goliath we specialise in production line relocation. No job is too small for Goliath.
You want to relocate your production line to another site and you are looking for an experienced team with extensive expertise in handling complex tasks?
Similar rules apply to the relocation of production lines as to the setting up of production lines; however, further requirements including those of logistics have to be met. The same quality and accuracy to detail of documents (drawings, circuit diagrams, specifications, etc.) is required as for setting up a production line in a new building.
For successfully moving a production line, on-schedule and on-budget, twelve steps have to be carried out:
Stages of relocating a factory/production line:
• Preparations for disassembly
• Preparations for installation
• Final cleaning
• Start of production/Breaking in of machines
Preparations for disassembly
• Insurance policies, liability
• Select disassembly team members (electrical, mechanical)
• Tools, lifting tools, forklifts, cranes
• Intermediate storage facilities, cleaning facilities
• Work permits (nights, weekends)
Disassembly, cleaning and disposal
• Labeling of system components
• Comparison/Review of foundation dimensions with foundation plans
• De-energize the system (power, oil, etc.)
• Draining of supply lines
• Disconnection of electrical cables
• Electrical/Electronic disassembly
• Disassembly of measurement technology
• Backing up controller programs
• Disassembly and cleaning of mechanical components
• Disposal of residual substances
Disassembly work represents the simplest part of relocation measures; however, the quality of disassembly work determines whether installation procedures will be carried out on-schedule and whether the system will work correctly after installation.
Steps for start-up/inspections/training
• System start-up with production material
• Optimization of control systems
• Start-up / Run down test / Safety criteria test
• System optimization, depending on recipes
• Acceptance test
Achievement of these objectives is guaranteed by the provision of comprehensive services during all relocation stages.